Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held by telephone/online conference call on 19th May 2020 at 7.30 pm.
Mr. B. Parnham Chairman
Mrs. S. Adams
Mrs. S Garrett
Mrs. A. Knipe
Mrs. L. Burton
Mr. D. Bevan Clerk
Mr. C. Mathew (OCC)
1. APOLOGIES Mr. S Jones
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST There were no declarations of interest.
3. PUBLIC ITEMS there were no members of the public present.
4. COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORTS Mr. Mathew said that Dix Pit waste disposal site was now in operation and early indications were that the restrictions to ensure social distancing were working smoothly. He asked if the councillors had received any feedback; none has been received to date.
5. PLANNING there were no planning applications.
6. MINUTES - Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 14th April 2020, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and will be signed by the chairman at a later date.
7. MATTERS ARISING
Sewage/Flooding TW are carrying out remedial work in Rack End and The Green on manhole covers as part of their efforts to seal the system and to stop the ingress of surface water. Mr. Parnham continues to press TW and OCC regarding the situation in Woodlands and will liaise with Mr. Mathew to ascertain whether information is being passed between the agencies. A response is awaited from Robert Courts MP to the matters (particularly the situation at 98A Abingdon Rd) raised with him at the March telephone call meeting between him and Mr. Mathew.
Roads/Traffic/Speeding /Traffic Calming nothing further to report at this meeting.
Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance Damage has been done to one of the closed and signed gates at Rack End playground in order to gain access. Absolute Solutions will ensure the gate is made secure.
Path by Notice board. still awaiting estimate from OCC.
8. CORRESPONDENCE There was no correspondence
9. ACCOUNTS the following accounts were approved for payment.
Absolute Solutions weed control/repairs £290.00
Absolute Solutions mowing 27/04 £375.00
Absolute Solutions mowing 12/05 £375.00
10. APPROVAL OF ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN 2019/20 The clerk distributed copies of the Annual Return earlier by email to councillors and said that the Internal Auditors report has been completed and no significant issues were raised. There were no questions from councillors and it was agreed unanimously that the chairman and the clerk sign the documents at a date to be arranged.
11. INSURANCE RENEWAL QUOTES FROM BROKERS - The clerk has received 3 quotes from Came & Co. and has examined their recommendation of Pen Underwriters/AXA at an annual premium of £951.08 fixed for 3 years (as a comparison, the annual premium for the past 3 years was £914.80). The clerk recommended this be accepted. There were no questions from councillors and it was agreed unanimously that this be accepted.
12. PLANTING OF TREES Mrs. Burton said that there were a number of dead trees along Hornsway and, as no trees had been planted by the council in many years, she suggested that the dead trees be removed and a small number of new trees be planted by the council. There was general agreement that this should be done and Mrs. Burton agreed to examine ways of achieving this. Mr. Parnham pointed out that the ownership of the land along the path was not clear but will put Mrs. Burton in touch with his contact at OCC with responsibility for public footpaths who should be able to help.
13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS The next meeting will be via telephone conference call on Tuesday 9th June 2020 at 7.30pm. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.10 pm.
....................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date