STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 14th May 2013 at 6.45pm.

Present:

          Mr. C. Naylor                                 Chairman

          Mr. R. Reddy                                  Vice Chairman                        

          Mrs. J. Bayliss

          Mr. J. Rippin

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

         

WODC Cllr. Mr. S. Good, Mr. P. Clements

1.          APOLOGIES –apologies were received from Mrs. J. Perry, WODC Cllr. Mrs. H. Fenton and OCC Cllr. Mr. C. Mathew.

2.          PUBLIC ITEMS – there were no public items

ELECTION OF OFFICERS

Mr. Naylor stood down as chairman; Mr. Reddy assumed the chair and asked for nominations for chairman.

Mrs. Bayliss proposed Mr. Naylor as chairman; seconded by Mrs. Smith, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor re-convened the meeting as chairman and asked for nominations for vice chairman.

Mrs. Clements proposed Mr. Reddy as vice chairman; seconded by Mr. Rippin, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor proposed Mr. D. Bevan (Clerk) as Responsible Financial Officer to the council; seconded by Mrs. Clements, passed unanimously.

Mr. Rippin agreed to continue as the council trustee on the Poor’s Allotments Charity, passed unanimously.

Mrs. Clements agreed to be council representative on the Village Hall committee, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor and Mr. Reddy signed their acceptance of office as Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively

3.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Mrs. Smith declared an interest in planning application 13/0647/P/FP and withdrew.

4.          PLANNING - See attached planning record

13/0645/P/S73  Non-compliance with 12/0075/P/FP to allow construction with decorative stone instead of brick, 59 High Street – no objection

13/0647/P/FP. Alterations, extension, conversion of garage etc., 97 High Street – no objection

5.          MINUTES

Minutes of the meeting held on 9th April 2013, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.

6.          MATTERS ARISING

Playground/Recreation Ground/Tennis Club & Maintenance – The LWTC has now displayed the public access notice and will contact the clerk with the lease reflecting the change in the club’s trustees. The chairman of the club has assured the clerk that there is no intention to attempt to earmark more ground for a pavilion that has already been discussed; indeed, this project is unlikely to proceed because of financial constraints.

The tower bridge in the playground has suffered a failure of the main supporting cable on the bridge. The clerk has arranged for it to be repaired using a stainless steel rather than a galvanised cable at a cost of £330 including parts and labour.

Traffic/Speeding – Police speed enforcement has been carried out in the village in the last two weeks. The posts have been erected on the downs for the VAS equipment.

Highway Maintenance – Mr. Mathew has informed the council that OCC have now received central government money specifically to repair potholes.

Flooding, Winter & Emergency Planning – The sand bunker has been installed in the car park but it is not secure and the clerk has informed WODC of this and reminded them that their promise to remove the sand from the Green has not yet been fulfilled. The landlords of The Bell and The Black Horse have agreed to be custodians of the keys to the bunker (once it has a lock on it!).

Footpaths – The Brighthampton footpath from the Aston to the Abingdon Road has been completed and has received praise from residents of the area.

A415, Newbridge – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

7.          BENCH AT POST OFFICE - replacement

The current bench is now beyond economic repair and Mrs. Bayliss reported that the Jubilee Fund has a surplus of £353 which it is suggested be used to part pay for a new bench. She produced photographs of the proposed bench, of metal and wood seating construction with memorial plaques, which would cost £657 including delivery but excluding VAT; the installation of the bench to be carried out by volunteers. It was agreed that the council will contribute the balance, £304, and Mrs. Bayliss will make the arrangements.

8.          ST GILES CHURCH – request for replacement trees/shrubs Hornsway boundary.

Many of the original shrubs planted at the time of the completion of the new burial ground have died and the PCC is asking for them to be replaced. This was agreed in principle but the clerk was instructed to contact the PCC to ask for costing/type of shrub.

9.          SCOUTS FIREWORKS – use of recreation ground 2nd November 2013.

The Scouts have asked for permission to use the recreation ground for the annual function. This was agreed subject to the usual conditions.

10.       APPOINTMENT OF A PATHS WARDEN

A resident has volunteered to take over the position of Paths Warden from Mrs. Bayliss. Mrs. Bayliss is in the process of updating all the information she has on rights of way and will pass it to the clerk in due course who will then contact the volunteer.

11.       CORRESPONDENCE - See attached correspondence record.

David Cameron MP has replied to the council’s letter regarding the sewage flooding issues. He has written to the chairman of Thames Water and will be taking an interest in proceedings.

12.        ACCOUNTS

The following accounts were approved for payment:

AON UK ltd - insurance 2013 - 14                                          1,636.07

Absolute Solutions - mowing x 2                                              600.00

M. Prickett - playground repairs                                               330.00

D C Bevan - APM printing                                                          13.50

13.       MEMBER’S REPORTS

Mr. Reddy reported that his daughter commented as to why the VAS’ were to be installed on The Downs when they were sorely needed outside the Village Hall. There was no comment.

Mrs. Bayliss has been asked by the school if the council have any objection to the old school bell being re hung in the bell tower. There was no objection.

14.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

As agreed at the last meeting, the next Parish Council meeting will be on 4th June in the Youth Club at 7.00pm. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 7.45pm.

 

 

 

......................................................................................Chairman   .......................................................................... Date


 

 

CORRESPONDENCE  05/13

FROM

TOPIC

David Cameron MP

Reply to letter re sewage flooding

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLANNING 5/13

PLANNING No

DETAILS

13/0645/P/S73

Non-compliance with 12/0075/P/FP to allow construction with decorative stone instead of brick – 59 High Street

13/0647/P/FP

Alterations, extension, conversion of garage etc – 97 High Street