STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 14th August 2012 at 7.00pm.

Present:

          Mr. C Naylor                                  Chairman

          Mrs. J. Bayliss

          Mrs. J. Perry

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

         

Cllr (OCC) Mr. C Mathew (from 7.35pm to 8.25pm)), Mr. Peter Clements

1.          APOLOGIES – were received from Mr. J. Rippin.

2.          PUBLIC ITEMS

There were no public items.

3.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.

4.           PLANNING - See attached planning record.

12/1182/P/FP    Installation of external lighting (retrospective) – Cotswold Farm, Cotswold Dene. It was decided that the council was not competent to comment on the technical aspects of this application and whether it did, or did not, comply with Policy BE21 – Light Pollution. Mr. Naylor will contact the resident Mr. G. Coates who originally raised the question of light pollution from the Noble Foods site and discuss this with him. The clerk will inform WODC planning of this decision.

5.          MINUTES

Minutes of the meeting held on 10th July 2012, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the acting chairman.

6.          MATTERS ARISING

Busses, Bus Stops –  Mrs. Clements has carried out a survey of residents in the Heyford Close area asking if they were in favour of moving the existing bus shelter across the Downs to the entrance to Martin’s Lane as requested by Mrs. Gray at the APM. 106 questionnaires were sent out and only 15 replies were received: 4 in favour and 11 against. On this basis it was decided that the shelter remain in its current location and the matter is now closed.

Mrs. Smith will hasten the OCC about the new bus stops.

Windrush Way Play Park – The Park is now complete: the final gates have been installed and the park is in use. Mrs. Smith reported that it has been decided to hold a grand opening on Saturday 1st September at 11.00am; invitations have been sent out to various individuals and the organisations concerned. The clerk has designed a notice board to be attached to the railings which acknowledges the organisations providing funding for the project; a proof of this will be displayed at the opening and a permanent notice board will then be produced. Mrs. Smith asked the council to approve a letter of reference for G. Hill and Sons Ltd., the main contractors, acknowledging the quality of their workmanship; this was agreed unanimously.

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – The annual inspection by RoSPA has been carried out; there were no urgent matters requiring attention. Mrs. Perry said that the wood chippings around the roundabout need to be topped up and weeds removed; the clerk will arrange.

Traffic/Speeding – Mr. Mathew said that he was in discussion with the Area Steward and this was  delaying the installation of the VAS on The Downs, but it will be done in the end.

Highway Maintenance – Mr. Rippin and Mr. Reddy will meet with OCC Highways to ‘walk the village’ to discuss highway matters. The clerk said that one of the main maintenance problems now is the state of many footpaths and he will ask for that to be raised and a note made of the locations affected. Mrs. Smith asked why some potholes, particularly in Shifford Lane, were filled and others adjacent to them were not? Mr. Mathew said he would follow this up and also try to ascertain what were the parameters governing the marking of potholes.

Flooding, Winter & Emergency Planning – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Footpaths – There have been complaints about the overgrown state of Hornsway. Mr. Mathew suggested reporting this to the tree officer, Mr. Shickle, at OCC Highways and the clerk will do this.

Nothing further has been heard regarding the Brighthampton VAS and footpath: the clerk will contact Mr. Barrell and request an update..

A415, Newbridge – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Heyford Lane bridge – the clerk has spoken to Mr. Townsend, chairman of the Standlake Drainage Board, and it is clear that the ownership of the bridge is unknown. The Board has discussed this with the Environment Agency and that is where the matter lies with no further action by the Parish Council possible.

There have been complaints about vehicular traffic using the lane to access Newland Angling Club lake; the clerk has spoken to the club secretary who assured him that the access gate should remain locked and not used by anglers. Mrs. Clements confirmed that this is not the case and the lane is still being used. The clerk will contact the club again.

7.          CORRESPONDENCE - See attached correspondence record.

8.           ACCOUNTS

The clerk presented the Windy Way accounts and asked that the council approve and sign a cheque to G. Hill and Sons (£7927.20) for the final invoice as it will be due payment before the next meeting. The initial grants from WREN and WODC have been received and the final grants and VAT refund are imminent.  This was agreed unanimously. The clerk noted that once the final grants and VAT reclaims have been received the account will have a surplus and it was decided that the use of this money would be carefully considered once all current accounts have been paid.

The following accounts were approved for payment:

 

Playsafety Ltd – Windy Way insp (474.00) Rec annual (75.60)    549.60

AON ltd - Windy Way ins premium                                           233.98

Absolute Solutions - mowing                                                   330.00    

9.          MEMBER’S REPORTS

Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Bayliss and Mrs. Perry will meet the new Lower Windrush Valley Project leader on an informal basis and discuss any issues affecting the Parish.

10.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The next meeting will be on Tuesday, 11th September. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45 pm

...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE  08/12

FROM

TOPIC

OFPA

Magazine

ORHP

Affordable Rural Housing Conference

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLANNING 08/12

PLANNING No

DETAILS

12/1197/P/FP

Alterations, erection of garage and extensions – 4 The Butts Standlake

12/1129/P/FP

Extension and relocation of agricultural bldg. – Underdown Farm, The Downs

12/1182/P/FP

Installation of external lighting (retrospective) – Cotswold Farm, Cotswold Dene

CW/12/0382/P/FP

Notice of appeal – 12 Manor Crescent

12/0950/P/FP

Grant of permission – extensions etc – 79 Abingdon Road

12/0871/P/FP

Grant of permission – alterations etc – 47 Abingdon Road

12/0918/P/FP

Grant of permission – erection of conservatory – Lancot House Lancott Lane