Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held by telephone/online conference call on 14th April 2020 at 7.30 pm.
Mr. B. Parnham Chairman
Mr. J. Rippin Vice Chairman
Mrs. S. Adams
Mrs. S Garrett
Mrs. A. Knipe
Mr. S. Jones
Mrs. L. Burton
Mr. D. Bevan Clerk
Mr. C. Mathew (OCC)
Mr. Parnham welcomed everyone to the meeting and said that it was going to be a learning experience for us all. He had received one request from a member of the public and sent details of how to join the meeting; however they did not seem to be here.
1. APOLOGIES –None
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest.
3. PUBLIC ITEMS – there were no members of the public present.
4. COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – Mr. Mathew said he had little to report except that OCC were very busy in social services areas.
20/00824/FUL: Erection of annex: 87 High Street Standlake: Mrs S Graham-Jones. Councillors had the opportunity to view the application online and had commented by email. They then expressed their views and it was decided by a majority to object on the grounds of overdevelopment and to comment on the ongoing problems with the sewage system. If the application were to be granted a condition should be applied restricting the sale of the proposed building except as part of the main property.
6. MINUTES - Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 10th March 2020, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and will be signed by the chairman at a later date.
7. MATTERS ARISING
Sewage/Flooding – Ongoing contact with TW and some of what is now being said by TW does not accurately reflect what the council were told following the meeting between the chairman and clerk and TW. The present situation is that ‘investigations are ongoing’ and a plan will be put up for costing before work begins. Mr. Mathew expressed his frustration and said TW were just procrastinating again to cause delay. A response is awaited from Robert Courts MP to the matters (particularly the situation at 98A Abingdon Rd, raised with him at the March between him and Mr. Mathew.
Windrush contamination –The clerk has emailed to those bodies concerned (TW, EA, MP etc.)
Roads/Traffic/Speeding /Traffic Calming –Mr. Parnham has confirmed with Mr. Mathew the type of speed gun used in Stanton Harcourt. Mr. Mathew said that SH now had promises that action will be taken against repeat offenders and suggested that contact be made with the police regarding training for gun users. Mr. Rippin asked if Mr. Ron Hollis was still the point of contact and Mr. Mathew confirmed that was so.
Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – Both playgrounds were closed on 26th March as per government instructions. When grass cutting on 8th April Mr. Pascoe noted that someone had obviously climbed into the Rack End playground and broke the motor cycle ride by knocking off the top. Mr. Parnham said this mindless vandalism was beyond belief; the item will be repaired once the ban is lifted.
Shifford Lane – After considerable correspondence with OCC by Mr. Parnham, they have agreed to erect No Through Road and Except for Access signs at the entrance to the lane; they will also erect Unsuitable for Motor Vehicles signs at both ends of Martins Lane at their expense.
Path by Notice board. – still awaiting estimate from OCC.
8. CORRESPONDENCE – There was no correspondence
9. ACCOUNTS – the following accounts were approved for payment.
OFPA subs £42.00
OALC subs £292.36
Mrs. A. Knipe – donation to SVG £259.01
Abs Sols – mowing/p’grnd closure £405.00
10. MAY MEETINGS (COUNCIL AGM) & ANNUAL PUBLIC MEETING – In accordance with government instructions, there will be no Annual General Meeting of the council or Annual Parish Meeting this year. Mr. Parnham will continue as chairman, Mr. Rippin as vice chairman and Mr. Bevan as responsible financial officer. The May meeting will be held by telephone conference call on Tuesday 19th May as agreed last month.
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS – There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.10 pm.
....................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date