Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 12th July 2016 at 7.00pm.
Mrs. B. Smith
Mrs. J. Clements
Mr. J. Rippin
1. APOLOGIES – were received from Mr. Good, Mr. J. Hunt, Mr. Willis and Mr. Owens.
2. PUBLIC ITEMS – Mr. Naylor said he was aware that Mrs. Hutchins was attending to put a case for a new Right of Way from Hornsway to Martin’s Lane and proposed that Item 10 on the Agenda be brought forward; this was agreed. Mrs. Hutchins explained that with the recent notification of proposed enclosure of the land, she felt the common use by walkers between Hornsway and Martin’s Lane and around the western edge of the field should be the basis of an application to OCC Countryside Services for a RoW across this land. Mrs. Hutchins has been in contact with OCC and has taken evidence from many individuals, some of whom can claim to have used this route for 60 years. Mrs. Hutchins is prepared to follow through with making the application and asked for the support of the council. This was discussed and it was unanimously decided to support Mrs. Hutchins in her efforts.
3. COUNTY and DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORTS – Mr. Mathew said that the OCC examination of the unitary authority proposals was in the final stages and the report will be available soon. He noted that the Eynsham bus service was now operating on a no fare basis until the end of August. He will discuss the matter of a financial contribution with Mrs. Smith who will report back to the council.
Mrs. Fenton said she had taken up the matter of neighbour notification of planning applications but was unable to persuade the department to return to the system of direct mailing to adjacent properties.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – Mrs. Smith declared an interest in planning application 16/02073/FUL and took no part in the discussions.
16/01956/HHD; first floor rear extension; Gerala, The Downs – no objection
16/01968 HHD/69 LBC; Demolition of rear conservatory & erection of new; 1 The Green – no objection
16/02073/FUL; erection of 3 detached dwellings Revised Details 159 Abingdon Rd – no objection
16/0214/HHD; alterations & erection of single storey rear extension; Berry Tree House, The Glebe – no objection
16/02353/FUL; erection of 1st floor side extn + change of use of annexe to separate dwelling -29A High St – object: parking, overdevelopment of site, overlooking and light obstruction to adjacent property.
Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th June 2016, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.
7. MATTERS ARISING
Village Hall Car Park – The VH chairman has provided costs for the resurfacing of the car park which, after a donation on the part of the gravel suppliers (Smiths of Bletchington), amounts to £3696 including VAT. Mr. Gears explained the VH financial situation and the expected future costs for outstanding maintenance projects at the hall. After discussion, Mr. Rippin proposed that the PC donate £1800 + VAT (reclaimable by the PC) taken from the community fund. This was seconded by Mrs. Smith and passed unanimously. Mr. Gears thanked the council and will liaise with the clerk regarding the invoice for the work.
Busses, Bus Stops – A lift scheme utilising private cars offering lifts involving drivers and residents registering for the service is in operation but there are concerns about insurance issues. Mrs. Smith and others expressed concern that this might impact on bus use.
Traffic/Speeding – the 30 mph and other road signs adjacent to the Village Hall have been cleared of vegetation and are now visible.
Roads, Newbridge – Mr. Naylor has turned back a lorry at Newbridge – this was considered very brave, Mr. Chairman!
Footpaths – OCC Highways have responded to the clerk’s enquiries regarding the cutting of Hornsway by saying that they no longer carry out this work; the clerk will reply asking whose responsibility this is. In the meantime, Mr. Bob Hunt (Parish Paths Warden) has very kindly cut back the nettles etc. along the whole path; a vote of thanks was passed and the clerk will contact Mr. Hunt. It was agreed that simply relying on voluntary help was not satisfactory and the clerk has obtained a quote of £140 from Mr. Pascoe for doing this work in the future if it becomes necessary: this was agreed but the clerk is to make clear to OCC that this does not imply acceptance of responsibility by the Parish.
Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – the new goal nets were in place for the Fete – thanks to Mr. Rippin for his efforts. Work is required on the climbing frame as one of the ‘monkey bars’ is broken and the clerk has asked Mr. Pascoe to look at this..
Flooding/Sewers/Winter – a sewer adjacent to the Primary School at Lincoln Close was flooding and Mrs. Clements took action with Thames Water to effect repairs and this has been done
Highway Maintenance - nothing further to report at this meeting.
8. CORRESPONDENCE – no significant written correspondence. Southern Electric have emailed offering to come and give a presentation on the forthcoming roll out of ‘smart’ meters. It was agreed that the clerk invite them to one of the monthly meetings.
Absolute Solutions – mowing/litter picking 27/06 315.00
Absolute Solutions – mowing/litter picking 06/07 150.00
D C Bevan – refund costs UK 2 website/domain name hosting 82.18
St Giles church – churchyard upkeep 1st half 600.00
Standlake Village Hall – car park/ waste bin grant 600.00
10. APPLICATION FOR NEW RoW IN FIELDS ADJACENT TO HORNSWAY/MARTIN’S LANE – see Public Items
11. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
It was decided that there would not be a meeting in August and, at the clerk’s request, the September meeting be brought forward one week to 6th September. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.40pm.
...................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date