STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 12th May  2015 at 7.00pm.

Present:

          Mr. C. Naylor                                 Chairman

          Mr. J. Rippin

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mr. J Hunt

          Mr. P. Willis

          Mr. N. Owens

                                                                        

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

         

Cllr (WODC) Mrs. Hilary Fenton, Mr. Peter Clements.

1.          APOLOGIES –no apologies were received.

2.          ELECTION OF OFFICERS

Mr. Naylor stood down as chairman; Mr. Rippin assumed the chair and asked for nominations for chairman.

Mrs. Clements proposed Mr. Naylor as chairman; seconded by Mrs. Smith, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor re-convened the meeting as chairman and asked for nominations for vice chairman.

Mr. Willis proposed Mr. Rippin as vice chairman; seconded by Mr. Owens, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor proposed Mr. D. Bevan (Clerk) as Responsible Financial Officer to the council; seconded by                                                         Mr. Owens, passed unanimously.

 Mr. Willis agreed to act as the council trustee on the Poor’s Allotments Charity, agreed unanimously.

 Mr. Rippin agreed to be council representative on the Village Hall committee, agreed unanimously.

  Mr. Naylor and Mr. Rippin signed their acceptance of office as Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively

3.          PUBLIC ITEMS Mr. Clements said it had come to his notice that a change to the Mobile Library service in July called for the vehicle to stop at The Green. It was agreed that this had the potential to cause obstruction and the clerk will contact OCC pointing out this concern.

4.          COUNTY and DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORTS

Mrs. Fenton said she had no report to make but wished to listen to any planning comments.

5.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST -

There were no declarations of interest.

6.          PLANNING

15/01115/HHD : Erection of front porch: 1 Church Farm Close. No objection.

7.          MINUTES

Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th April 2015, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.

8.          MATTERS ARISING

VE Day Commemoration event – the event at the ODCC on 8th May was considered to be a great success and very well attended. Mr. Naylor proposed a vote of thanks to Mr. Hunt and his helpers for their efforts; passed unanimously.

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – A quote for £72 (inc VAT) for the three no dog signs has been received it was agreed that this be accepted and Mr. Naylor will arrange for collection and installation. .

Village Communications – Mr. Hunt asked when the notice board will be ready; the clerk did not have a date but understood that it is in the final stages of construction. Mr. Prickett has produced an invoice for the agreed amount of £1200 and it was agreed that £600 be paid as part payment; the clerk will get a final date for completion and, based on that, will arrange for erection.

Assets of Community Value – Mr. Owens explained in more detail how the scheme worked. The object of the scheme is to give local communities the chance to purchase previously listed assets if they are offered for sale. It is up to the community which assets they want to protect under the scheme e.g. they must be in community, not private, use; so a Public House would qualify whereas a private building would not. Once a list has been decided, this is passed to WODC and, if approved, the current owners are informed that the asset is being designated and offered the chance to object.

After some discussion, it was decided that the following should be protected: both Public Houses, the Post Office and Stores, Windy Way playground, ODCC and the Youth Club. Mr. Owens will complete the required paperwork.

Roads, Newbridge – There is no further information on Newbridge and it was agreed that it is difficult to see a way forward. Mr. Hunt suggested that more local action involving Northmoor should be investigated and it was agreed that Mr. Naylor will contact the Northmoor PC chairman.

Busses, Bus Stops Mrs. Smith expressed concern that OCC were, once again, reviewing subsidised bus services with a view to saving money. The clerk will contact Mr. Mathew and ask if he has any insight into this report. Mrs. Smith also said she believed it was time to look again at bus shelters for various locations in the village; she had looked at new designs which were designed to have a much smaller footprint than the old three sided, concrete based designs. It was agreed that Mrs. Smith should research types of shelter, obtain costs and report back.

9.             CORRESPONDENCE – there was no significant written correspondence and all email correspondence was distributed to councillors on receipt.

10.       ACCOUNTS

The following accounts were approved for payment:

WODC – recharge of election 2014 costs                                83.29

D C Bevan – laptop purchase                                                369.47

Absolute Solutions – p’ground hedge, mowing, repair          475.00

Came & Co – insurance premium                                          820.94

M. Prickett – part payment notice board                               600.00

J Hunt – VE ann. grant                                                           231.55

11.       APPROVAL OF 2014/15 ANNUAL RETURN & STATEMENT OF GOVERNANCE

The clerk has previously circulated copies of the Annual Return for consideration by all councillors. It was agreed unanimously that the chairman should sign both the accounting statement and statement of governance.

12.       PURCHASE OF COUNCIL LAPTOP

The clerk has been in email correspondence with councillors concerning the purchase of a laptop computer for council use. Currently, all work has been carried out on the clerk’s personal desktop and it was felt that council work should be transferred to a council owned laptop. To take advantage of a special offer, councillors agreed that the clerk should go ahead and make the purchase to include; extended warranty; upgrade of memory and back up drive (see accounts payable).

13.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The clerk reminded members that the Annual Parish Meeting will be on Tuesday 19th May and the next council meeting will be Tuesday 9th June. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45 pm.

 

 

 

...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date