STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 11th September 2012 at 7.00pm.

Present:

          Mr. C Naylor                                  Chairman

          Mr. R. Reddy                                  Vice Chairman

          Mr. J. Rippin

          Mrs. J. Bayliss

          Mrs. J. Perry

          Mrs. B. Smith

         

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

         

Cllr (OCC) Mr. C Mathew), Cllr (WODC) Mrs. H. Fenton, 3 members Standlake Sea Scouts

1.          APOLOGIES – were received from Mrs Jan Clements.

2.          PUBLIC ITEMS

The Scouts were represented following the Parish Council’s observations on the layout and location for the bonfire and fireworks display in 2011. Following questions from councillors the scouts were able to give assurances for 3rd November 2012 regarding: safety checks, removal and replacement of turf, location and size of the fire (smaller than 2011) proximity of fireworks to the crowd and first aid on site. They also confirmed that no charge would be made for entry to the ground but donations would be requested.

Mr. Naylor thanked them for their attendance and opened the meeting at 7.20 pm.

3.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.

4.           PLANNING - See attached planning record. There were no objections to the planning applications:

12/1283/P/FP    Removal of extension & conservatory replace with ss extension – 1 The Downs

12/1341/P/FP    Rebuild & raise boundary wall – Florey’s Farm, Brighthampton

5.          MINUTES

Minutes of the meeting held on 14th August 2012, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the acting chairman.

6.          MATTERS ARISING

Busses, Bus Stops – Mrs. Smith reported that the new stops and posts have been agreed following a site visit. New photos of the locations will be forwarded to the council.

Windrush Way Play Park – The opening on 1st September was a great success, with representatives from OCC (Mr. Mathew), Cottsway, WREN, Playground Services (play equipment contractors), Witney TV, the entire Parish Council and clerk along with a large number of residents and children. The council formally recorded its thanks to Mrs. Smith for her tireless involvement in bringing this project to such a successful conclusion in a remarkably short space of time.

The Linda Cox memorial bench for the park has been ordered as agreed. Mrs. Smith will investigate the use of the spare litter bins, currently in the recreation ground shed, for use at the park; failing that it was agreed that a ‘novelty’ bin should be purchased. Answering concerns from Mrs. Perry regarding the emptying of the bin, Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Bayliss gave assurances that the residents had this matter in hand.

The draft notice for the park was approved and the clerk will send an email file to Mrs. Smith who will order that and a ‘No Dogs’ sign.

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – The bark surface around the swings has not yet been replaced: the clerk will hasten. Mr. Naylor is awaiting a quotation for replacing the chain shackles on the swings and this repair will go ahead despite not being mentioned in the RoSPA inspection report. Mrs. Perry commented that there should be a notice on the tennis courts giving details of availability and booking procedure for public use of the courts. It was agreed that this used to be the case and the clerk will investigate and contact the club secretary.

Traffic/Speeding – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Highway Maintenance – Mr. Reddy and Mr. Rippin will meet with a highways representative on 26th September to make on-site inspections around the village. At the same time the clerk will meet with highways to examine the provision of a footpath between the Aston Road and the bus stop on the Abingdon Road.

Flooding, Winter & Emergency Planning – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Footpaths – The clerk has contacted OCC regarding Hornsway tree/hedge maintenance and they will investigate and report back.

A415, Newbridge – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

7.          CORRESPONDENCE - See attached correspondence record.

8.          ACCOUNTS

The following accounts were approved for payment:

Absolute Solutions - mowing                                                 300.00

Mrs B Smith - W way expenses                                                 69.72

D C Bevan - clerk salary and expenses                                 1,202.65

HMRC - clerk PAYE                                                                300.60

9.          MEMBER’S REPORTS

Mr. Reddy noted that the extension to the primary school was now complete and was a sensitive addition to the existing building. All agreed that a very good job had been done and the school and OCC were to be congratulated.

10.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The next meeting will be on Tuesday, 9th October and the 2013/14 budget will be discussed. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45 pm

...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date

CORRESPONDENCE  09/12

FROM

TOPIC

 

Clerks & Councils Direct Magazine

 

Invite to Affordable Rural Housing Conference

 

 

PLANNING 09/12

PLANNING No

DETAILS

12/1283/P/FP

Removal of extension & conservatory replace with ss extension – 1 The Downs

12/1341/P/FP

Rebuild & raise boundary wall – Florey’s Farm, B’hampton

12/1129/P/FP

Alterations agricultural buildings – Underdown Farm

12/1182/P/FP

External lighting Cotswold Dene – letter acknowledging comments