STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 11th November 2014 at 7.00pm.

Present:

          Mr. C. Naylor                                 Chairman

          Mr. J. Rippin                                  Vice Chairman

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mr. N. Owens

          Mr. J. Hunt          

          Mr. P. Willis

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

Cllr. (OCC) Mr. C. Mathew, Cllr (WODC) Mrs. H. Fenton, Cllr (WODC), Mr. R. Band (Gigaclear), Mr. L. Todeschini, Mr. P Clements

Mr. Hunt requested that the Agenda item 10 - FIBRE OPTIC CONNECTION TO YOUTH CLUB - be dealt with before any further business as it involved Mr. Band who was representing Gigaclear on another matter and he had another engagement this evening. Mr. Naylor put this to the meeting and it was approved unanimously.

1.          APOLOGIES - apologies were received from Mr. S. Good.

2.          FIBRE OPTIC CONNECTION TO YOUTH CLUB

Mr. Hunt explained the background to the proposed connection to the Youth Club and that Gigaclear will finance one complimentary connection to the village: this will be to the Village Hall to benefit as wide a proportion of the residents as possible. For both the benefit of the club and the Parish Council, he still wished to see the Youth Club connected and this would consist of three separate issues: an installation at the roadside; connection from there to the club; ongoing monthly running cost. Mr. Band said that Gigaclear would ensure the availability of the cable at the roadside and estimated that the connection to the club building would cost approximately £200. After some discussion Mr. Mathew agreed to fund that part from his OCC Community Fund; this was welcomed with thanks and Mr. Rippin will liaise with Mr. Mathew to complete this. It was decided that sponsorship for the ongoing monthly cost of £37/month will be sought to complete the scheme.

3.          PUBLIC ITEMS – Mr. Band was attending primarily to explain the recent mail shot by Gigaclear offering connection to the system for £5 as opposed to the £100 connection and £95 installation most customers in Standlake had signed up to. He stressed that this mail shot was a complete mistake and never should have to come to Standlake but was intended for customers in other areas covered by Gigaclear and offered his apologies. He said Gigaclear were prepared to honour the offer, even to those already signed up under the original terms but subject to certain conditions, and urged those who had not yet done so to contact Gigaclear online and apply as the offer was limited to 500 customers and must be received by 24th December. Mr. Band answered questions and was thanked by Mr. Naylor and Mr. Hunt for his very prompt appearance to explain the situation.

4.          COUNTY and DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORTS – Mrs. Fenton said that the new planning application notification proposed by WODC (entirely online with no hard copy plans being sent to councils) was not acceptable, as not all councils had access to the online system during meetings. It was agreed that, ultimately, the way ahead was via a purely electronic system but, until councils had access to high speed connections and the associated AV equipment at the meeting venue, the current system must remain in place. Mrs. Fenton will take our views back to the planning department.

Mrs. Fenton said that the matter of Noble Foods non compliance with the routing agreement condition of their planning consent will be coming before the Lowlands Planning committee next Monday. Mrs Smith said that she and Mr. Owens wished to attend and asked Mrs. Fenton to ascertain whether they would be able to speak on behalf of the council; Mrs. Fenton agreed to investigate and will email the clerk. Mr. Naylor and Mr. Mathew stressed that a ‘closed door’ deal between WODC and Noble Foods was not acceptable and the matter must be dealt with properly: either WODC enforced the condition or Noble Foods returned with a fresh application to have the condition removed.

Mr. Mathew reported that there was still no further progress on Newbridge monitoring. He informed the council that OCC were struggling to trim their budget because of further cuts and it was unlikely that any money would be available to help the Newbridge situation. Regarding his suggestion regarding a local area plan there had been some progress and Eynsham were leading the project however it would take some time to see the way forward.

5.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.

 

6.          PLANNING

14/01587/HDD – Erection of detached garage: 102 Abingdon Road: no objection.

14/01441/FUL – Change of use of stables for hobby workshop and storage. Erection of single storey extension (retrospective): 55 Rack End: no objection but request condition attached stating that the workshop is only ancillary to the residence and not to be used as a commercial enterprise.

14/01516/HDD – Erection of single storey front extension: Old Manor Farm, 24 Aston Road: no objection.

7.          MINUTES

Minutes of the Meeting held on 14th October 2014, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.

8.          MATTERS ARISING

Flooding, Sewers, Winter, etc –.WODC is in the process of meeting the riparian owners of the ditches along Martin’s Lane/Heyford Lane and will then be taking action.

Busses, Bus Stops Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Traffic/Speeding Mr. Rippin now has a contact in traffic enforcement and will request more action in Standlake.

Highway Maintenance – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Footpaths Mr. Bob Hunt, the Footpath’s Warden, will take up the matter of the bridge railing with OCC

Roads, Newbridge See Mr. Mathew’s report in County and District Councillor’s Reports. .

Noble Foods - Noncompliance with routing agreement – see Mrs. Fenton’s report in County and District Councillor’s Reports.

Local Plan – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Village Communications – Mr. Naylor said that Mrs. Dodds was unable to attend this meeting but had indicated that she was happy to discuss the sharing of responsibility for the village email notice system. meeting to discuss the village email. Mr. Owens suggested that if the council were to hold a list of email addresses it should be registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office; the clerk will do this when the council takes on the email listing.

It was agreed that the clerk work with Mr. Willis to set up a new- look website and a Facebook account in the New Year.

Further discussions on the notice boards resulted in agreement that a new free standing notice board be purchased and, once installed, the old boards on the side of the Post Office removed. Members examined a photograph of the board at Northmoor discussed last month and agreed that the clerk should contact Mr. Prickett and discuss the manufacture of a similar board in the New Year; it was agreed that £1400 be put into the 2015/15 budget for this purpose. The clerk will inquire if planning permission is required to place the board in the vicinity of the bench at the Post Office.  

WWI Commemoration Poppies – The clerk has discussed this with Mrs. Miles, churchwarden, and the church has room to store the poppies when delivered and has ideas for display within the church. Until the actual poppies are received (probably in January 2015) it is difficult to envisage exactly what form the display will take.

9.          CORRESPONDENCE – West Oxfordshire CAB - thank you for donation.

10.       ACCOUNTS

The following accounts were approved for payment::

Oxon. Assn. for the Blind - donation                                             £50.00

CPRE – membership 2014/15                                                         £36.00

Absolute Solutions – grass mowing                                             £300.00

Absolute Solutions – ditch clearance and dredging                    £1410.00

 

11.       REQUEST FROM ST. GILES PCC FOR CONTRIBUTION TO DISABLED ACCESS

St. Giles PCC are considering the provision of disabled access to the new burial ground (which will also give easier access to the existing burial ground) with the ramp and associated works estimated to cost £2090 and are requesting a donation. It was agreed that £500 be put into the 2015/16 budget for this purpose.

12.       BUDGET 2015/16

Discussions on the budget 15/16 resulted in little overall change from the current FY, taking into account the decisions to replace the existing notice boards and to grant the church £500 towards providing disabled access at the far end of the car park. The final budget figure and precept will be set at the December meeting and is likely to be the same as this year - £21,000. Once finalised the budget will be published on the website and on the notice boards.

13.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

There being no further business, the meeting closed at 9.00 pm.

 

 

...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date