Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 11th July 2017 at 7.30pm.
Mr. P. Willis Vice Chairman
Mrs. J Clements
Mr. J Rippin
Mr. P Clements
1. APOLOGIES –apologies were received from Mr. Mathew, Mr. Good, Mrs. Fenton, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Hunt.
2. PUBLIC ITEMS –There were no public items.
3. COUNTY AND DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS – none present.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest.
Mr. Naylor gave a brief report on the WODC Lowlands Planning Committee meeting held on 10th July. Mr. Naylor spoke on both applications, Spitfire Homes and Land behind 65 High Street, and noted that there was a large contingent of Standlake residents in support of the council’s objections to both applications. The Spitfire Homes application was refused and the 65 High Street application was approved; with conditions, amongst which were tree preservation orders and a requirement for each of the ‘self-build’ homes to be the subject of separate applications.
17/01933/FUL: Conversion of former care home to six dwellings with associated works: Chervil Cottage 29 Aston Road Brighthampton: Mr & Mrs Mark and Wendy Drewett. No objection.
17/01941/LBC: Modernise existing kitchen to include partial demolition of adjoining wall from kitchen into dining room, replace existing staircase with new staircase, raise a beam above fireplace, creation of window seat and replace old kitchen units with new: Pear Tree House 23 High Street Standlake: Mr John Sharples. No objection.
17/01972/FUL: New Detached Dwelling: Fletchers House 145 Abingdon Road Standlake: Mr Brian Cade. No objection.
6. MINUTES - Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th June 2017, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.
7. MATTERS ARISING
Roads, Newbridge – The new cameras have been installed on Newbridge and are undergoing testing at the moment.
Footpaths –Nothing further from the owner of Lincoln Farm Park at the present. Hornsway has been cut by Mr. Pascoe and Mr. Rippin has removed some of the overhanging branches. It was agreed that this is now a Parish responsibility and will be budgeted for in future.
General Maintenance – Mrs. Smith emailed councillors stating her opinion that the PC should carry out grass cutting and maintenance that used to be done by OCC. In particular, the grass area in front of the Post Office, on which the WI placed attractive floral planters, and the village ‘gates’ and entrance signs. This was agreed and the clerk will contact Mr. Pascoe to carry out the work, while pointing out that some of this expenditure will probably have to be found out of current reserves but must be properly budgeted for in future years.
LWTC Club House – The club have sent drawings of the planned water and sewage connections; the sewage arrangements have been agreed with the Village Hall committee and discussions on a shared metered water supply are ongoing. .
Traffic/Speeding – A number of traffic monitoring cables have been noticed in the village and surrounding road. The clerk will investigate if the results can be made available to the council.
Playground/Recreation Ground – Nothing further to report at this meeting.
Busses/Bus Stops - Nothing further to report at this meeting.
Highway Maintenance – Nothing further to report at this meeting.
Flooding/Sewers etc. - Nothing further to report at this meeting.
Spitfire Homes – See Planning.
8. CORRESPONDENCE – Letter from Robert Courts MP reminding councils that he is available to help where necessary - noted.
A fund request from Guideposts charity – clerk to ascertain what help is given to Standlake residents.
Email from Carter Jonas LLP on behalf of clients proposing a housing development on The Downs and inviting councillors to attend a public presentation at the ODCC clubhouse on 18th July – those available will attend.
9. ACCOUNTS – the following accounts were approved for payment.
Absolute Solutions – mowing; 315.00
Absolute Solutions – mowing; Hornsway cutting 455.00
D C Bevan – website hosting, name registration 90.77
Standlake Youth Club – annual contrib’n for use of club - retrospective 16/17 150.00
10. SCOUTS FIREWORKS 4TH NOVEMBER – REQUEST FOR USE OF REC GROUND – this was agreed subject to the usual conditions.
11. AUGUST MEETING – Some members indicated that they would be away much of August and it was unanimously decided that, unless urgent planning or other matters came to light, there would be no meeting in August; therefore the next meeting will be on Tuesday 12th September.
12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS – There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.35 pm.
...................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date