Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 10th September 2013 at 7.00pm.
1. APOLOGIES – apologies were received from Mrs. Clements, Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Perry.
2. PUBLIC ITEMS – no members of the public were present
3. COUNTY and DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORTS – Mr. Mathew said that Hanson were to start some preparation work for gravel extraction on the Stonehenge Farm site in the next week.
Mrs. Fenton said that discussions on the new local plan were to recommence on 16th September and it was hoped that this would finally result in a new plan.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.
13/1163/P/FP – erection of detached dwelling garage and new access – Amberley House, 69 High Street – no objection, but observation re sewage and scheme for removing standing water.
13/1163/P/FP – grant of permission - non-compliance with permission 12/1420/P/FP installation of PV solar panels and air source heat pumps – 133 Abingdon Road – noted.
13/0833/P/FP – grant of permission - installation of air source heat pumps (retrospective) The Island Hardwick - noted
Minutes of the Meeting held on 9th July 2013, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.
7. MATTERS ARISING
Flooding, Sewers, etc – the clerk has emailed Mr. Huw Thomas (Thames Water) reminding him of his promise at the APM to report back in September on the sewage survey work supposedly carried out over the summer; a reply is awaited.
Busses, Bus Stops – nothing further to report at this meeting.
Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – the annual inspection reports have been received and distributed to members. The only item that needs attention in the near future is the springer cockerel in the Rack End children’s playground.
Traffic/Speeding – nothing further to report at this meeting..
Highway Maintenance – the willows opposite St. Giles need cutting back; the clerk will arrange. Mr. Naylor has complained again about the manhole outside The Orchard but OCC Highways still maintain it is not a danger so they will do nothing about it. Mr. Naylor will continue to press them on this matter.
Footpaths – nothing further to report at this meeting.
Roads, Newbridge – nothing further to report at this meeting.
8. CORRESPONDENCE - See attached correspondence record: the request for a donation by West Oxon. Citizen’s Advice will be discussed at the October meeting.
The following accounts were approved for payment:
Paid in Aug/Sept
Absolute solutions - mowing 300.00
PWLB - half yearly repayment 2,141.96
Accounts Payable this meeting
D C Bevan - salary & exps 1,202.65
HMRC - clerk PAYE 300.60
Playsafety Ltd - annual inspections 199.20
Absolute Solutions - mowing 300.00
BDO LLP - audit fees 360.00
10. COMPLETION OF AUDIT – the clerk presented the completed audit and, as in previous years, the auditor’s opinion that the level of personal indemnity while complying legally was not sufficient. It was agreed that the council were satisfied with the cover and the audit was approved unanimously.
11. MEMBER’S REPORTS – Mrs Bayliss said that the school bell was now in operation and would be rung at 8.40 each morning. She also reported a school initiative and request for fundingto provide a defibrillator for village use which would be located at the school and available 24/7. After discussion, concerns were expressed that an open arrangement would leave the equipment vulnerable to malicious damage and inappropriate use. Mr. Naylor suggested that if the school wished to pursue this then it would be appropriate for them to formally approach the council with the proposal.
12. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The clerk reminded the members that the budget 2014/15 process would begin at the October meeting and he would distribute the outline prior to the meeting. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.25 pm.
...................................................................................... Chairman .................................................................... Date
West Oxon CAB Request for donation
Clerks & Councils Direct magazine