STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 10th June  2014 at 7.00pm.

Present:

          Mr. C. Naylor                                 Chairman

          Mr. J. Rippin (from 8.15pm)

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mr. J Hunt

          Mr. P. Willis

                                                                        

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

         

Cllr (OCC) Mr. C Mathew, Cllr (WODC) Mrs. Hilary Fenton, Mr. Peter Clements.

1.          APOLOGIES - apologies were received from Mr. N. Owens.

2.          DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

All councillors signed their Declaration of Acceptance of Office.

3.          ELECTION OF OFFICERS

Mr. Naylor stood down as chairman; Mrs. Smith assumed the chair and asked for nominations for chairman.

Mrs. Clements proposed Mr. Naylor as chairman; seconded by Mrs. Smith, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor re-convened the meeting as chairman and asked for nominations for vice chairman.

Mrs. Clements proposed Mr. Rippin as vice chairman; seconded by Mrs. Smith, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor proposed Mr. D. Bevan (Clerk) as Responsible Financial Officer to the council; seconded by Mrs. Clements, passed unanimously.

Mr. Willis volunteered to act as the council trustee on the Poor’s Allotments Charity, passed unanimously.

Mrs. Clements agreed to be council representative on the Village Hall committee, passed unanimously.

Mr. Naylor and Mr. Rippin signed their acceptance of office as Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively

4.          PUBLIC ITEMS

Mr. Clements asked if there had been any further progress with enquiries concerning the Noble Foods plant connection to the sewage system. The clerk said that Mr. Good had indicated in an email that he was following up the council’s request for information on the actual terms of the planning condition and the current situation. No further information has been forthcoming and after some discussion, and in the absence of Mr. Good, Mrs. Fenton agreed to take this forward with WODC.

5.          COUNTY and DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORTS

Mrs. Fenton asked that the council join other West Oxfordshire parishes in making a Freedom of Information request to Thames Water asking how many properties (private and business) in the parish are currently connected to the system and how many more properties can be connected to the current system. This was agreed and Mrs. Fenton will email the clerk with the appropriate address. She also urged attendance at the WODC Environmental Services scrutiny committee meeting to stress the importance of the sewage problem.

Mr. Mathew is pursuing the matter of Noble Foods HGV routing agreement to avoid the B4449 through Sutton and Newbridge. Noble foods are challenging the legality of this agreement which, it appears, has not been signed by the company and Mr. Mathew asked Mrs. Fenton for her support at WODC in following this up and ascertaining why planning permission was granted before the company agreed to the condition.

Mr. Mathew added that formulation of the Core Minerals Strategy draft continues and he continues to try and ensure that, in future, West Oxfordshire does not have to bear an unequal share of the aggregates produced in the county as a whole.  Mr. Naylor thanked the councillors for their attendance and they left the meeting at 8.00pm.

6.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST -

There were no declarations of interest.

7.          PLANNING

14/0372/P/FP – grant of permission –erection of single and two storey extensions – 1 The Butts: noted

14/0373/P/LB – grant of permission –erection of single and two storey extensions – 1 The Butts: noted

14/0430/P/S73 – grant of permission (retrospective) – non-compliance –with condition 2 of permission 12/1197/P/FP to allow full height render to replace part render and part facing brick - 4 The Butts: no objection.

14/0773/P/FP - erection of building for agricultural and domestic storage and home gym – Greenacre, Brighthampton: no objection.

14/0782/P/FP - erection of porch and first floor extension, alterations to external render/cladding - 55 Rack End: no objection.

14/0793/P/FP – alterations and erection of single storey side and rear extensions – 28 High St: no objection

Result of developer’s appeal against refusal of permission for two detached houses at 139 – 141 Abingdon Road (Mr. Cade).

The appeal has been granted and, while accepting this closed the matter, the council expressed its regret at this decision. In particular the decision flies in the face of previous refused appeals on this land andit also reveals WODC Planning Department’s refusal to enforce its own rules regarding affordable housing provision on small developments. Mr. Naylor asked Mrs. Fenton to convey to WODC the Parish Council’s views, which she agreed to do.

8.          MINUTES

Minutes of the Meeting held on 6th May 2014, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.

9.          MATTERS ARISING

Flooding, Sewers, Winter, etc – apart from that noted in Public Items, nothing further to report at this meeting..

Busses, Bus Stops Mrs. Smith noted that one of the results of the recent review of services was that there are now extra  X15 services in the morning, evening and on Saturdays.  The provision of a Stagecoach bus service for Noble Foods, subsidised by the company, will mean an early bus departing Witney at 5.15am for the new stop at the Downs Road/A415 junction at 5.30am and then returning from Standlake High St. at 6.15am

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – The clerk said that the shed at the recreation ground has now been made secure with a new padlock - for which he holds the keys, Mr. Hunt noted that the bark surface at the roundabout need replacing and the area needs weeding; the clerk will arrange for the work to be carried out.

Traffic/Speeding nothing further to report at this meeting.

Highway Maintenance OCC Highways have offered to arrange another ‘village walk’  and Mr. Owens has volunteered to be available; Mr. Rippin also volunteered and will liaise with Highways to arrange a date. Mr. Hunt noted the traffic calming measures at the village entrances, such as the ‘gates’ overgrown with vegetation and worn road surface signs , needed attention, and this will be included up on the inspection walk .

Footpaths nothing further to report at this meeting.

Roads, Newbridge – nothing further to report at this meeting.

Council support for high speed broadband – Mr. Hunt said that there had been a good response to the flyer and it had certainly raised awareness. About 100 properties have signed up and the target is 170 with Gigaclear putting more resources into their sales effort. The company want to start digging in Standlake in August once they have completed the Northmoor project and Mr. Hunt was cautiously optimistic that a sufficient number of orders can be generated in time for that to happen.

10.           CORRESPONDENCE – there was no significant written correspondence and all email correspondence was distributed to councillors on receipt. Items received included:-

OCC transport event ‘Connecting Oxfordshire’ at Henry Box School in Witney on 7th July - Mrs. Smith will attend.

A consultation on NHS Patient Transport was discussed; the council agreed that the proposals merely seemed to be a cost saving exercise at the expense of the most vulnerable people. Mrs. Smith will formulate a reply and the clerk will send it on behalf of the council.

11.       ACCOUNTS

The following accounts were approved for payment:

D C Bevan – clerk salary & expenses                                                 1202.65

HMRC – clerk PAYE                                                                            300.60

Peter Clements – litter picker                                                               16.75

Youth Club – contrib’n for use of club 2014/15                                   150.00

Village Hall – contrib’n for car park 2014/15                                      500.00

Absolute Solutions – mowing, weed control, repair locks                     745.00

12.       MEMBER’S REPORTS

There were no reports. The clerk said that this item was really of no practical significance; indeed the council could not legally act on matters raised here if they had not been previously included in the agenda or matters arising. Mr. Naylor proposed that councillors pass to the clerk in advance any items they wished discussed at a meeting so they could be added to the agenda. This was agreed unanimously and in future this item will be removed from the minutes.

13.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The clerk reminded members that the Annual Parish Meeting will be on Wednesday 18th June and the next council meeting will be Tuesday 8th July. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45 pm.

 

 

...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date