STANDLAKE PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club, on 10th July 2012 at 7.00pm.

Present:

          Mr. J. Rippin                                 

          Mrs. J. Bayliss

          Mrs. J. Perry

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk

         

Cllr (OCC) Mr. C Mathew, Cllr. (WODC) Mr. S. Good, Cllr. (WODC) Mrs. H. Fenton, Mr. J. Stobart (Chair, Lower Windrush Tennis Club (LWTC)), Mr. Peter Clements

1.          APOLOGIES – were received from Mr. Naylor Mr. Reddy and Mrs. Perry. In the absence of the chairman and vice chairman Mr. Rippin assumed the chair.

2.          PUBLIC ITEMS

Mr. Stobart said he was attending to investigate the council’s likely attitude towards a request from LWTC to construct a small club house to allow changing and toilet facilities near to the courts. The proposal was for a building approximately 10m X 5m behind court 3 and adjacent to the drainage ditch on the west end of the ground. To achieve funding for this, the lease would have to be renewed to grant 25 years from the present day but, the lease has to be renewed anyway following the death of a trustee; there would be no cost to the council.

In response to questions from the council, Mr. Stobart made assurances that there would be no social events and the facility would only be used during games and there would be no increase in activity or traffic beyond the present level. Councillors made the point that the storage garage would not be accessible once the building was in place and it was essential that the garage could still be used; the LWTC will address this issue. The type of construction was questioned and this will have to be addressed once the club decide to apply for planning permission.

Mr. Rippin summed up by saying that provided all the issues were addressed to the council’s satisfaction then there was no fundamental objection to the proposal, but stressed that this was not to be taken as agreement by the council. Mr. Stobart thanked the council and left the meeting at 7.30pm.

Mr. Mathew said he was still hastening the VAS installation on The Downs but was having to struggle with OCC Highways bureaucracy. He noted that there was Section 106 (Planning Gain) money available from Wychwood Homes following the development at Malthouse Farm to be used for traffic calming in Brighthampton. The clerk was aware of this and had forwarded details to councillors; this will be discussed later in the meeting. Mr. Mathew then excused himself to attend another meeting.

3.          DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.

4.           PLANNING - See attached planning record; there were no objections or comments. Mr. Good and Mrs. Fenton then left the meeting. Mrs. Smith reported that Fletcher’s Farm would not be listed.

5.          MINUTES

Minutes of the meeting held on 12th June 2012, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the acting chairman.

6.          MATTERS ARISING

Busses – Mrs. Smith has been in contact with OCC regarding requests for additional bus stops and signs. The response has been positive and a review of stops in Standlake has been carried out; the recommendations for change are: New stop outside St. Giles church; Bus stop signs outside Meadowview nursing home, Rack End; Bus stop sign opposite entrance to Lincoln Farm, High St.It was agreed that these changes should be implemented and Mrs. Smith will liaise with OCC.

The request made at the AGM to provide a shelter on the west side of the Downs Road at Martin’s Lane has been investigated and the cost of providing a new shelter would be prohibitive. Residents will be asked if the suggestion that the existing shelter at Heyford Close should be moved to this location and Mrs. Clements will carry out a local survey of opinion.

Mrs. Smith has investigated likely response to the invitation to join the Aston Community Bus service and has found there is minimal interest. This item is now closed.

Windrush Way Play Area – All work has now been completed with the exception of the installation of fencing. Once this is completed the clerk will arrange for a post installation inspection by RoSPA before opening to the public.

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – The annual inspection by RoSPA will be carried out in conjunction with the Windy Way inspection.

Traffic/Speeding – OCC have advised through Mr. Mathew that there is approximately £26k available from Section 106 contributions (Wychwood Homes at the Malthouse development) for traffic calming or associated works in Brighthampton. Part of this money (approximately £5k) is earmarked by OCC for the provision of a VAS indicator near the entrance to the development. The council is being asked for proposals to use the remainder in the Brighthampton area and submit them through Mr. Mathew. It was unanimously agreed that the long sort after path around the Chervil Cottage boundary to connect the Aston Road to the Abingdon Road. The clerk will confirm this by email with Mr. Mathew.

The problem of continually parked vehicles outside the Old Chapel seems to have been rectified following the intervention of the Neighbourhood police team after complaints at the APM. Mr. Mathew will pass on the council’s thanks at the NAG meeting this evening.

Highway Maintenance – Major repairs to the road surface in The Downs, Church End, The Green and Rack End have been completed.

Flooding, Winter & Emergency Planning – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

Footpaths – Mrs. Bayliss will contact the County rights of way officer regarding the overgrown Shifford Lane.

A415, Newbridge – Nothing further to report at this meeting.

7.          CORRESPONDENCE - See attached correspondence record.

8.           ACCOUNTS

The clerk presented the Windy Way accounts and asked that the council approve and sign cheques to Playground Services (£15326.40) and G. Hill and Sons (£10552.80) as they would be due payment before the next meeting. The grants from WREN and WODC were imminent and the VAT refund had been applied for; once those monies were in place the contactors would be paid. This was agreed unanimously.

The following accounts were approved for payment:

 

Playground Services (W Way equipment)                      15236.40

G. Hill and Sons (W Way groundwork etc)                    10552.80

D.C. Bevan - web hosting                                                  74.39

Absolute Solutions - mowing, car park weed control        590.00 

9.          MEMBER’S REPORTS

Mrs. Smith and Mrs. Bayliss attended the WODC Parish Forum on 4th July. Mrs. Smith reported that she had listened to the presentation on Planning Reform: the National Planning Policy Framework and Neighbourhood Planning. She felt that Standlake probably did not require a full Neighbourhood Plan but she has ordered a follow up package to consider other options. Mrs. Bayliss gathered ideas on helping the elderly to remain in their own homes; one of which involved setting up a central point of contact (possibly a Public House) so that orders for household shopping could be coordinated collected and distributed.

Mrs. Clements asked if anything further had been heard regarding the bridge on Heyford Lane. The clerk said he had reported to the Environment Agency some months ago that the lane was probably the responsibility of the drainage board but had heard nothing since; he will contact the chairman of the drainage board, Mr. Townsend.

10.       ANY OTHER BUSINESS

The next meeting will be on Tuesday, 14th August. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.45 pm

...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date

 

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE  07/12

FROM

TOPIC

FOSS

Thanks for help re Fete

WODC

New code of conduct guide

 

Clerks and Councils Direct mag

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLANNING 07/12

PLANNING No

DETAILS

12/0950/P/FP

Extensions etc – 79 Abingdon Rd

12/0918/P/FP

Erection of conservatory – Lancot House, Lancott Lane, Brighthampton

12/0743/P/FP

Grant of permission – dormer window to garage – Roseleigh, Calais Lane

12/0631/P/FP

Grant of permission – Extension etc 88 Abingdon Rd

12/0733/P/FP

Grant of permission – siting of temporary mobile home – Underdown

12/0673/P/FP

Grant of permission – erection of detached garage with storage over – Manor Farm

12/0734/P/FP

Grant of permission – replacement of 2 storey side extension etc – Jasmine Cottage – 7 Rack End

12/0735/P/LP

Grant of permission – replacement of 2 storey side extension etc – Jasmine Cottage – 7 Rack End