Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held in the Standlake Youth Club on 9th June 2015 at 7.00pm.


          Mr. C. Naylor                                 Chairman

          Mr. J. Rippin

          Mrs. B. Smith

          Mrs. J. Clements

          Mr. P. Willis


          Mr. D. Bevan                                  Clerk


Cllr (OCC) Mr. Charles Mathew Cllr (WODC) Mrs. Hilary Fenton, Mr. Peter Clements.

1.          APOLOGIES –apologies were received from Mr. Hunt and Mr. Owens.

2.          PUBLIC ITEMS Mr. Clements remarked that a lot of areas were overgrown and asked who was responsible. The clerk said that this was mostly OCC responsibility and it was understood that this lack of cutting was a direct result of the financial situation OCC find themselves in. The clerk reviewed the areas for which the PC had taken responsibility: river bank opposite the church; the green and surrounds; the recreation ground and the two playgrounds (Rack End and Windrush Way); the PC also arranges for 2 cuts per year of The Butts Public Footpath from The Butts to Hornsway. The verges areas along the High Street, while the responsibility of OCC, are maintained by individual residents.


Mrs. Fenton said she had no report to make but wished to listen to any planning comments. Likewise, Mr. Mathew had no report to make


There were no declarations of interest.

5.          PLANNING

15/01152/HHD: Conservatory extension, 121 Abingdon Road. No objection.

15/01747/HHD; 15/01748/LBC:  Installation of 2 roof lights, Lockes Cottage, 9 High St. No objection.

15/01517/FUL; 15/01518/LBC: Conversion of outbuilding to ancillary accommodation, Lincoln Farmhouse, 71 High St. No objection.

15/01506/HHD;  Erection of 2 storey rear extension and addition of first floor over existing bungalow, Glenden, 59 High St. Objection on grounds of overdevelopment of the site and overbearing nature of the proposal regarding adjacent properties.

6.          MINUTES

Minutes of the Meeting held on 12th May 2015, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and signed by the chairman.


Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance – Mr. Naylor reported that he had installed the No Dog signs and replaced the basketball nets.

Village Communications – the clerk reported that he had met with Mr. Prickett re the notice board and seen that it was just about complete and was awaiting powder treatment and then glazing; the clerk will contact Mr. Prickett again after returning from abroad on 22nd June with a view to arranging for erection asap thereafter. The new website is still under construction.

Assets of Community Value – nothing further to report at this meeting.

Roads, Newbridge – Mr. Naylor will contact Northmoor to discuss further action regarding Newbridge monitoring.

Busses, Bus Stops In the light of the announcement that OCC are again examining the provision of subsidised bus services, Mrs. Smith said she will put her bus shelter project on hold but will continue to examine which stops would benefit most from shelter provision. There is an OCC meeting on 17th June regarding the bus review and Mrs. Smith will attend.

Footpaths – There have been numerous complaints regarding the overgrown state of the footpath near the old chapel at the green. In the first instance, Mr. Willis will speak to the resident of the property whose boundary has most overgrown area.

8.             CORRESPONDENCE – there was no significant written correspondence and all email correspondence was distributed to councillors on receipt.

9.          ACCOUNTS

The following accounts were approved for payment:

City and County Graphics – 3 no dog signs                            72.00

D C Bevan – clerk salary and expenses                               1213.05           

HMRC – clerk PAYE                                                               290.25

Absolute Solutions –mowing, litter pick                               527.32

C R Naylor – basketball nets                                                     8.00


Following a question posed by Mr. Willis regarding the status of any gravel extraction at the site Mr. Mathew reviewed the history and current situation. The original application to extract gravel was refused by OCC on 4 occasions; Hanson appealed and the refusal was overturned and the application granted some 4 years ago. A condition was that the company had to commence work within 3 years and, just before expiry of the time limit, Hanson extracted 200 tonnes to keep the approval active; they can now come back within another 18 months to commence extraction and even if started now, the extraction would have to be completed by 2020. In summary, the approval is still active but no one knows what the companies intentions are.

Mr. Willis thanked Mr. Mathew for his detailed explanation.


The clerk reminded members that the next will be on Tuesday 14th July. There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8.10 pm.




...................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date