Minutes of a meeting of Standlake Parish Council, held by telephone/online conference call on 8th December 2020 at 7.30 pm.


          Mr. B. Parnham   Chairman

          Mr. J. Rippin       Vice Chairman

          Mr. S. Jones

          Mrs. S. Garrett

          Mrs. A. Knipe

          Mr. D. Bevan       Clerk

Cllr. C. Mathew (OCC), Mr. J Barnas and Finlay Barnas (11) Mrs. A. Stibrany.

1.      APOLOGIES – Mrs. L. Burton, Mr. S. Good

2.      DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – there were no declarations of interest.

3.      PUBLIC ITEMS – Mrs. Stibrany indicated she only wished to observe the meeting.

Finlay Barnas has carried out a further survey covering a wider sample of residents with the result that 96% were in favour and 4% had no opinion. Finlay also produced an updated 3D image of the proposed layout. Mr. Parnham said that this was an impressive result and suggested that this now be taken forward at the January meeting to look at funding in detail; this was supported by the councillors.

4.      COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS – Mr. Mathew reported that a council tax increase of 3% would support the FY21/22 OCC budget; he added that OCC finances were not squeezed and well able to support core expenditure. Mr. Mathew reported that Bartholomew School would expand with a new campus at the new Eynsham village development; he did however have reservations about safety of students crossing the A40. Mr. Mathew reported that there were updated plans for the A40 and he would forward this to the council.

5.      PLANNING There were no planning applications

6.      MINUTES - Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 10th November 2020, copies of which had been previously circulated to all members, were agreed as a true record and will be signed by the chairman at a later date.


Sewage/Flooding – Mr. Parnham said that, with minor items outstanding, TW’s work around the village was complete and he remarked on how well the company had engaged with both the council and residents throughout the process; the proof of success, or otherwise, will be seen after any significant heavy rainfall. Regarding Woodlands, a response has been received from OCC but simply refers to any proposed work (not specified) will be included in their FY21/22 budget. Mr. Parnham will continue to press them on a survey of the drain from Woodlands and with resident involvement prior to decisions being taken.

Roads/Traffic/Speeding /Traffic Calming – Purchase of the mobile SID and speed gun is now complete and Mr. Parnham has the equipment. Mr. Jones thanked Mr. Parnham and the clerk for their efforts and said the committee would aim to meet quarterly to review progress. Mr. Parnham said Mr. Bond-Smith has some volunteers and requests for further volunteers would be advertised in the New Year. Mr. Parnham proposed that the equipment should be for the exclusive of Standlake and this was agreed unanimously.

Playground/Recreation Ground & Maintenance - Mr. Parnham has carried out an inspection on the Rack End and Windrush Way playgrounds and had nothing to report. The clerk reported that the ditch clearance and hedge cutting along the recreation ground boundary had been completed and the cost was less than the original estimate as Mr. O. Costar had carried out the hedge cutting at no cost: Mr. Parnham will write to Mr. Costar and express the council’s appreciation.

Path by Notice board. – Still no estimate from OCC. It was decided that, as there is no sign of edge damage this year, this project be terminated but Mr. Rippin said it could always be reinstated if further damage occurs.

Hornsway Trees and cutting – The cutting back of Hornsway has now been completed and Mr. Parnham will write to OCC expressing thanks for a job well done. Nothing further to report on the planting of new trees.

Councillor Vacancy – Mr. Jones apologised but asked for more time to look at the applicants, but he said that from what he had seen all were strong candidates. It was agreed that a final decision be made at the January meeting.

Skate Park – see public items.

8.      ACCOUNTS – the following accounts were approved for payment.

Morelock signs – Speedwatch SID deposit                                                                          £347.28

J G Le Huray - Xmas tree                                                                                                      £140.00

Wileman - bus shelter clean                                                                                                   £30.00

Volunteer Link Up donation                                                                                                  £50.00

Absolute Solutions - Hornsway leaf clearing                                                                        £80.00

B Barber - defibrillator battery                                                                                            £176.40

Morelock signs – Speedwatch SID balance                                                                        £3125.52

Amazon – Speedwatch speed gun, case, battery                                                                 £185.22

Absolute Solutions – ditch clearing                                                                                     £590.00

D C Bevan salary                                                                                                                £2073.97

PAYE                                                                                                                                     £500.00  

9.      ANY OTHER BUSINESS – Mr. Parnham thanked councillors and the clerk for their work throughout the year and wished everyone a Happy Christmas.  The next meeting will be by Zoom conference call on Tuesday 12th January 2021 at 7.30pm.  There being no further business, the meeting closed at 8 10 pm.



....................................................................................... Chairman   .................................................................... Date